Saturday, April 11, 2015

About This Blog

Having pectus excavatum (PE) can be pretty hard. At least it has been for me– I've had my share of insecurity and body image issues (beach season, anyone?). However, I gradually learned how to cope with and accept it.

This blog focuses on the psychosocial effects of living with PE. PE can really impact a person's mental health, but unfortunately this is often overlooked.

Excavatum Crush is a resource to help people accept their PE bodies and to find support from similar others. It is intended particularly for those who are living indefinitely with PE, i.e. those who can't or aren't getting the Nuss / Ravitch.

If there's anything in particular you want this blog to cover, let me know in the comments!
You can also email me at: excavatumcrush@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment